The 7-stage main filter assembly captures dangerous airborne particles that are notorious for causing lung damage, from 10 microns all the way down to .3 microns in size It also absorbs volatile organic compounds (VOCs) such as petrochimical fumes, ammonia, formaldehyde and many others.
- Stage 4: MacroX-10 Pre-HEPA Filter – The Pre-HEPA Filter captures particles 10 microns and larger missed in the pre-filtering stages.
- Stage 5: HEPA-TYPE Filter – Millions of sub-micron pores in this hardworking filter capture 100% of particulates 2.5 microns and larger, and over 99% of pollutants .3 microns or larger, including airborne bacteria and viruses.
- Stage 6: Pre-VOC Diffuser – The VOC stages of filtration are particularly important for those with odor sensitivities and chemical allergies. This first layer is honeycombed to evenly diffuse air through the stages that follow.
- Stage 7: Activated Carbon – High-capacity carbonized pellets act like sponges to absorb a wide range of gases, chemicals and fumes, including residues of solvents, petrochemical products and odors.
- Stage 8: Zeolite – The unique molecular structure of granulated zeolite, a porous volcanic rock, absorbs gaseous pollutants such as hydrogen sulfide, sulfur dioxide, benzene and formaldehyde.
- Stage 9: Potassium Permanganate – Potassium Permanganate is an oxidizing agent that removes additional odors and harmful gases such as ammonia.
- Stage 10: Post-VOC Diffuser – This filtering layer delivers air from the VOC filter into the ionizing chamber.