1. Ames, B (2006)Proc. Natl. Acad. Sciences, U.S.A., 103:17589-94.
2. Ames, BN (2010) J Nucleic Acids. doi:10.4061/2010/725071.
3. Courtemanche C, Huang AC, Elson-Schwab I, Kerry N, Ng BY and Ames BN (2004) Folate deficiency and ionizing radiation cause DNA breaks in primary human lymphocytes: a comparison. FASEB J 18:209-11.
4. Ames B (2006) Low micronutrient intake may accelerate the degenerative diseases of aging through allocation of scarce micronutrients by triage. Proc Natl Acad Sciences USA 103:17589- 94.
5. Ames BN (2010) Prevention of mutation, cancer, and other age-associated diseases by optimizing micronutrient intake. J Nucleic Acids: DNA Damage, Mutagenesis, and DNA Repairdoi:10.4061/2010/725071. PMC2945683.
6. Lal A and Ames BN (2011) Association of Micronuclei (Chromosome Breaks) with Hematological Diseases and Micronutrient Status. Mutagenesis. 26:57-62. PMC3107612.
7. PNAS _ November 21, 2006 _ vol. 103 _ no. 47 _ 17589–17594.
8. Fenech M (2003) Nutr Res Rev 16:109-122.
9. MacWilliam, Lyle Dean., Arlene MacWilliam, and Gregg Gies. “The Blended Standard: Table of Recommended Daily Intakes.” Comparative Guide to Nutritional Supplements: A Compendium of Products Available in the United States and Canada. Vernon, B.C.: Northern Dimensions Pub., 2003. N. pag. Print.
10. Strand, Ray D., MD, and Donna K. Wallace. Healthy for Life: Developing Healthy Lifestyles That Have a Side Effect of Permanent Fat Loss. Rapid City, SD: Real Life, 2005. Print.
11. Thiel R. Natural vitamins may be superior to synthetic ones. Med Hypo.2000;55(6):461-469.
12. King JC, Cousins RJ. Zinc. In Modern Nutrition in Health and Disease, 10 th ed. Lipponcott Williams & Wilkins, Phil., 2005:271-285
13. Avi Dor, Ph.D., Christine Ferguson, J.D., Casey Langwith, B.A., and Ellen Tan, M.Sc. A Heavy Burden: The Individual Costs of Being Overweight and Obese in the United States, The George Washington University School of Public Health and Health Services Department of Health Policy, September 21, 20101.
14. Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (July 1999). “Toxicological Profile for nHexane”. Atlanta, GA: U.S. Department Of Health And Human Services. p. 269.
15. Omega-3 fatty acid supplementation and cardiovascular disease: Thematic Review Series: New Lipid and Lipoprotein Targets for the Treatment of Cardiometabolic Diseases J. Lipid Res. 2012 53 🙁 12) 2525-2545. First Published on August 17, 2012.
16. Circulation. 2002; 106: 2747-2757 doi: 10.1161/01.CIR.0000038493.65177.94. Page 22 of 23
17. Karin M Slivkoff-Clark, Anthony P James, John CL Mamo, “The Chronic Effects of Fish Oil With Exercise on Postprandial Lipaemia and Chylomicron Homeostasis in Insulin Resistant Viscerally Obese Men,” Nutr Metab 2012;9.
18. Stoll, Andrew L. The Omega-3 Connection: The Groundbreaking Omega-3 Antidepression Diet and Brain Program. New York: Simon & Schuster, 2001.
19. Tocotrienols: constitutional effects in aging and disease. Schaffer S, Muller WE, Eckert GP. 1: J Nutr. 2005 Feb; 135(2):151-4.
20. Eric A. Finkelstein, Justin G. Trogdon, Joel W. Cohen and William Dietz, Annual Medical Spending Attributable To Obesity: Payer-And Service-Specific Estimates, Health Affairs, 28, no.5 (2009):w822-w831.
21. Cynthia L. Ogden, Ph.D.; Margaret D. Carroll, M.S.P.H.; Brian K. Kit, M.D., M.P.H.; and Katherine M. Flegal, Ph.D., Prevalence of Obesity in the United States, 2009–2010.
22. Bowden, Jonny, and Stephen T. Sinatra. The Great Cholesterol Myth: Why Lowering Your Cholesterol Won’t Prevent Heart Disease– and the Statin-free Plan That Will. Beverly, MA: Fair Winds, 2012. Print.
23. Am J Clin Nutr July 2011 vol. 94 no. 1 209-217.
24. Weatherby, Dicken, and Scott Ferguson. Blood Chemistry and CBC Analysis: Clinical Laboratory Testing from a Fu.
25. Diabetes Care August 2011 vol. 34 no. 8 1869-1874nctional Perspective. Jacksonville, OR: Bear Mountain Pub., 2002. Print. Ferranti SD.
26. Gauvreau K, Ludwig DS, Neufeld EJ, Newburger JW, Rifai N Prevalence of the metabolic syndrome in American adolescents: findings from the Third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey. Circulation 2004; 110:2494–2497pmid:15477412.
27. Fasting Triglycerides, High Density Lipoprotein, and Risk of Myocardial Infarction, Circulation. 1997; 96: 2520-2525 doi: 10.1161/01 CIR.96.8.2520.
28. Br J Nutr. 2010 Apr; 103 (8): 1094-7.
29. Perrini, Carolyn. “L-Theanine: How a unique Anxiety Reducer and Mood Enhancer Increases Alpha Waves and Alertness” (http://www.okinawateacompany.com/html/pdf/mood_3.pdf).
30. Yokogoshi H, Kobayashi M, Mochizuki M, Terashima T (1998) “Effect of theanine, rglutamylethylamide, on brain monoamines and striatal dopamine release in conscious rats”. Nerochem Res 23 (5): 667-73.
31. J Int Med Res. 2007 Nov-Dec; 35 (6): 900-8.
32. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2006 Mar 17; 6:9.
33. Haskell CF, Kennedy DO, Milne AL, Wesnes KA, Scholey AB (2008). “The effects of l-theanine, caffeine and their combination on cognition and mood”. Biol Psychol 77 (2).
34. Batmanghelidj, F. Your Body’s Many Cries for Water: You’re Not Sick; You’re Thirsty—Don’t Treat Thirst with Medication. [S.l.]: Tagman, 2004. Print. Page 23 of 23
35. Frank, Benjamin S., Benjamin S. Frank, and Philip Miele. Dr. Frank’s No-aging Diet: Eat & Grow Younger. New York, NY: Dell Pub., 1977. Print.
36. USDA SR-21 Nutrient Data (2010). “Nutrition Facts for Seeds, chia seeds, dried.” Nutrition Data. Retrieved 2010-11-29.
37. Matsubara et al. “Radioprotective effect of matallo-thionine,” Presented at Radial Rays Conference, Tokyo Japan 1985.
38. Panam Parikh, Uliyar Mani, and Uma Iyer. Journal of Medicinal Food. December 2001, 4(4): 193- 199. doi:10.1089/10966200152744463. Vol: 4 Issue 4: July 7, 2004.
39. Dawson-Hughes, Bess; Harris, Susan S.; Ceglia, Lisa; “Alkaline diets favor lean tissue mass in older adults.” Am J Clin Nutr March 2008 vol. 87 no. 3 662-665.
40. http://www.homeopathic.com/Articles/Introduction_to_Homeopathy/The_Homeopathic_Pharmaco poeia_and_the_Assura.html “The Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia and the Assurance of Quality” By Jay Bornemann MPH
41. “HOMOEOPATHIC MATERIA MEDICA – By William BOERICKE.” HOMOEOPATHIC MATERIA MEDICA – By William BOERICKE. N.p., n.d. Web. 29 May 2013.
42. Castleman, Michael. “Healing Herbs.” The New Healing Herbs: The Essential Guide to More than 125 of Nature’s Most Potent Herbal Remedies. [Emmaus, Pa.]: Rodale, 2009. 357-358. Print.
46. Neuropsychopharmacology. 1996 Nov;15(5):456-64.Effects of vitamin B12 on performance and circadian rhythm in normal subjects.
47. Mayer G, Kröger M, Meier-Ewert K.Source: Sleep Disorder Unit, Hephata Klinik, SchwatmstadtTreysa, Germany. Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database web site: “Biotin.”